This is where we cut through all your concerns about Home Renovation
…and offer you the Tips and Tricks to finish your project successfully.
Thank you for streaming our show. I’m your host Todd Bird.
The show today is out at Rustic Brick and Fireplace. We’re broadcasting from their beautiful showroom on Power Inn Road. The stone out here is amazing. This is where you can come on a beautiful day and just roam around to see all these great products. Stone and hardscape accents can make your home a better place to live and be more comfortable.
“California rooms are becoming really popular. So we’ll talk to the owner of Rustic Brick while we explore all these beautiful tiles, used brick, stone, and fireplaces together.”Host, Todd Bird
We always start with What’s News.
– The US government has released new Census Bureau information on the 2018 Characteristics of New Housing. (1:30) We have the numbers that cover all aspects of last year’s new housing inventory.
– California’s Governor makes a deal for more housing. (3:30) Gavin Newsom is proposing a deal that would penalize California cities for not hitting their housing goals. Dan Dunmoyer, CEO and President of California Building Association joins us to help us understand how this affects your neighborhood.
– Construction employment enjoys a Nationwide boost. (9:15) We saw this coming. We share the numbers from the big boom in the workforce. It’s strong and still growing in areas.
– Home Mortgage rates remain stable. (10:30) This is good. In fact, I think they’re going to be coming down even more. That’s the talk from the federal government. Let’s look at Freddie Mac’s primary mortgage Market survey together from the past two weeks.
– Then, we have the list of America’s 25 least affordable housing markets. (11:15) California holds 17 of the spots based on price and the affordability ratio.
We take you on the road to Rustic Brick
(13:30) Come with us to Power Inn Road in Sacramento where we’re looking at all these beautiful hardscapes that Rustic Brick has to offer. From Pottery to Stonework, Deco Tile, Used Brick, Rustic Brick has just about anything you need to fix up your yard and make your patio and your home beautiful. We talk with the owner, Mike Dawson.
And an update on the Alex Project.
We had a huge inspection this week. We have tile going in today, so we’ll take you over to the job site for a report on the kitchen and bathroom project going in. (30:15)
Considering a new home project? Use our directory of Contractors before you start that Home Improvement project. You can rely on the people that I rely on. They’ve been vetted and pre-screened for you, the homeowner.
Let’s talk about ‘fixer-uppers’
When there aren’t enough starter homes on the market for first-time homebuyers, one way to beat the system might be to renovate using a renovation loan. (42:30) We talk with Mortgage Banker, Troy Bird on how you can use a renovation loan to buy a fixer-upper.
Fixer-Uppers; “It’s a great way to build what we call Sweat Equity into your home.”Host, Todd Bird
Do you need a Trusted, Local Pro for your next Home Improvement project? Use AskTheContractors.com. You can request an estimate for your next project from the people that have made me a successful contractor. And by the way, I’m on the website too, Todd Co Builders. I’d love to help you to answer any of the questions that you have on your next Renovation.
I’m so glad to share my projects with you. Just Follow us on FACEBOOK @AskTheContractors
We are AskTheContractors.com.
We’re your Source for Local Home Improvement Pros
…backed by so many quality contractors in my directory that you can call and rely on. Consider DR Design & Remodel, Superior Shower Door & More, Bird Bath and Kitchen, Rustic Brick & Fireplace, and so many more. You can feel comfortable contracting with our Trusted Pros.
Recent Blog Posts:
- Question: Which are the Best Insulation and Vapor Barrier Upgrades?
- Question: Can I Convert Copper To Pex without creating Electrolysis?
- Question: I Need to Bid out New Construction. How should I measure?
- Question: Replacing and Repairing Dry Rot Damaged Rim Joist
- Question: Sealing to Protect Granite and Quartz Countertops