The workforce is strong and still growing. That true in areas analyzed by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) between May 2018 and May 2019. In fact, construction employment grew in 249 cities and was unchanged in an additional 52 areas.
The growth in construction employment was almost level with the report for April when 250 cities added construction jobs, year over year.
Both represent increases from the 232 areas that added jobs between February 2018 and February 2019. It also beat the 218 metros that added jobs in the 12 month period between March 2018 and 2019.
Although, there appears to be room for improvement. The report says, even though firms are raising pay and adding incentives to recruit workers, many are still struggling to find as many employees as they need.
Recent Show Prep Articles:
- Protected: School or Tools; Contractor Scholarship Application Options
- Toilet Explodes After Lightning Strikes a Home Septic Tank
- Marsha, Cindy, Peter, & Greg: HGTV OverPaid for the Brady Bunch House
- Millennials Spending more on Home Improvements. Let’s compare.
- List: America’s Hottest Zip Codes for 2019, Folsom Included