The U.S. Government has released its Census Bureau information on the 2018 Characteristics of New Housing in a report that covers all aspects of last year’s U.S. New Housing inventory.
Here are the highlights…
840,000 Single Family homes were completed in 2018.
- 90% had air-conditioning.
- 10% had two bedrooms or less / one-third had four bedrooms or more.
- 30% had a patio and a porch / About 5% had no outdoor features.
345,000 multifamily units completed in 2018
617,000 single-family homes were sold in 2018:
The median sales price of new single-family homes sold in 2018 was $326,400.
The median size of a new single-family home sold in 2018 was 2,435 square feet.
Recent Show Prep:
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence