When asked about top community features, Millennials ranked park areas No. 1, according to the National Association of Home Builders. In fact, 47% of all respondents say it’s having a park nearby was “desirable”.
Another outdoor activity space Millennials wanted was walking/jogging trails. It took second place. Do you see a trend?
Other outdoor features pop up again during the survey. Not surprising, in the third and fifth spots were playgrounds and swimming pools, respectively.
Another theme that emerges in the top ten is accessibility.
- 66 percent of millennials want to be located ‘near retail space’,
- 64 percent want a “walkable community” with pathways connecting homes, shopping, public spaces, and transportation.
- 54 percent want access to public transportation.
So, rounding out the top ten community features, Millennials look for ‘typically suburbia’.
- All-single-family detaches houses
- Manicured Lawns and Gated Communities