Homeowner spending on home improvement increased in the past year, particularly among the millennials, according to The Mortgage Reports.
While baby boomers and generation X homeowners are more likely to spend on changing home designs, millennials are more likely to spend on improving their property’s value.
Home improvement spending is up nearly 20%, and the average homeowner spent more than $9,000 on home projects in just the last year.
Still, though homeowners are spending more on improvement projects, they’re doing more maintenance.
The average homeowner did nearly seven home maintenance projects last year.
Recent Show Prep Articles
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence