First some background…
While the show ended its run in 2018 after five seasons, the stars, Chip and Joanna Gaines are getting the blame for swarms of tourists descending on the city.
And out-of-towners are driving up real estate prices.
New restaurants, bars, and stores are opening in previously empty buildings.
It’s not all Shiplap and Roses in Waco
But certainly, not everyone in Waco is a fan of their hometown’s new-found fame.
There’s a literal cost to all this growth: average home prices in the county have shot up nearly 52.1% in the past four years.
For some, that’s a tough pill for many longtime residents to swallow, particularly if they’re making Texas wages.
More Show Prep Articles:
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence