The city of Dallas is a popular destination for Californians moving east.
Taxes are a driving factor
New data from Zillow shows that more than 30% of the people looking for new homes in Texas are current dwellers of L.A., New York, and Chicago. So, locals living in Texas aren’t the only ones checking out Big D.
Zillow says, “Our page-view data highlights Dallas’s strong attraction as a destination for house-hunters leaving cities that are more expensive like L.A., colder like Chicago or both like New York,”
And once people settle in Texas, they tend to stay put. In fact, locals who search tend to find their next homes in Dallas and other Texas cities.
Show Prep Source:
Recent Show Prep Articles:
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence