The city of Dallas is a popular destination for Californians moving east.
Taxes are a driving factor
New data from Zillow shows that more than 30% of the people looking for new homes in Texas are current dwellers of L.A., New York, and Chicago. So, locals living in Texas aren’t the only ones checking out Big D.
Zillow says, “Our page-view data highlights Dallas’s strong attraction as a destination for house-hunters leaving cities that are more expensive like L.A., colder like Chicago or both like New York,”
And once people settle in Texas, they tend to stay put. In fact, locals who search tend to find their next homes in Dallas and other Texas cities.
Show Prep Source:
Recent Show Prep Articles:
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking
- New Buyers Feel They Can Afford More. Here’s Why.
- Good News for Homeowners; Home Prices Rocket in Third Quarter
- COVID-19 Has Impacted Home Purchasing Plans. This is How…
- Couple Rescued After Hurricane Blows Home off it’s Stilts