Homeowner spending on home improvement increased in the past year, particularly among the millennials, according to The Mortgage Reports.
While baby boomers and generation X homeowners are more likely to spend on changing home designs, millennials are more likely to spend on improving their property’s value.
Home improvement spending is up nearly 20%, and the average homeowner spent more than $9,000 on home projects in just the last year.
Still, though homeowners are spending more on improvement projects, they’re doing more maintenance.
The average homeowner did nearly seven home maintenance projects last year.
Recent Show Prep Articles
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking
- New Buyers Feel They Can Afford More. Here’s Why.
- Good News for Homeowners; Home Prices Rocket in Third Quarter
- COVID-19 Has Impacted Home Purchasing Plans. This is How…
- Couple Rescued After Hurricane Blows Home off it’s Stilts