The possibilities offered by using more engineered wood, such as glulam timber in the construction industry is enticing builders and uniting environmentalists.
Referred to as “cross-laminated timber” and “mass timber,” the material appeals to builders, city planners, architects, and environmentalists.
Here are some of the Advantages of Glulam Timber Beams
- For instance, builders see it as a way to build mid-rise structures faster and cheaper.
- City planners see a fast-track that could help reduce housing shortages.
- Of course, Architects love its lightweight and look.
- Most importantly, some environmentalists tout its ability to combat climate change.
As a result, engineered building materials would drastically-reduce the cement and steel that generate tons of greenhouse gases.
Past Show Prep
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking
- New Buyers Feel They Can Afford More. Here’s Why.
- Good News for Homeowners; Home Prices Rocket in Third Quarter
- COVID-19 Has Impacted Home Purchasing Plans. This is How…
- Couple Rescued After Hurricane Blows Home off it’s Stilts