The possibilities offered by using more engineered wood, such as glulam timber in the construction industry is enticing builders and uniting environmentalists.
Referred to as “cross-laminated timber” and “mass timber,” the material appeals to builders, city planners, architects, and environmentalists.
Here are some of the Advantages of Glulam Timber Beams
- For instance, builders see it as a way to build mid-rise structures faster and cheaper.
- City planners see a fast-track that could help reduce housing shortages.
- Of course, Architects love its lightweight and look.
- Most importantly, some environmentalists tout its ability to combat climate change.
As a result, engineered building materials would drastically-reduce the cement and steel that generate tons of greenhouse gases.
Past Show Prep
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence