According to realtor.com, the hottest ZIPS in American this year has a more suburban feel, such as Omaha, Nebraska, and Manchester, Rhode Island.
California, which dominated last year’s list with 7 zip codes in the top 20 slipped. This year Califonia has only two zip codes in the top 20. They’re Castro Valley (94546) in the Bay Area and Folsom (95630) in the Sacramento area.
In its fifth annual report, five ZIP codes in up and coming neighborhoods made their debut on the list, boosted by extremely low home prices and even more millennial homebuyers.
2019 Hottest ZIP Codes in America: Here are the Top 10
- 1) Grand Rapids, Mich. –The top spot on realtor.com’s hottest ZIP codes ranking.
- 2) Omaha, Nebraska. – Coming in at No. 2.
- 3) Boise, Idaho
- 4) Shawnee, Kansas. – Sitting southwest of downtown Kansas City, Missouri.
- 5) Rochester, New York – Nestled along the southern shore of Lake Ontario
- 6) Livonia, Michigan. – A western suburb of the Motor City
- 7) Melrose, Massachusetts. – Located 10 miles north of Boston
- 8) Arlington, Texas – Sitting cozy between Dallas and Fort Worth
- 9) Goffstown, New Hampshire – Nestled an hour and a half north of Boston.
- 10) Colorado Springs, Colorado. – Located 70 miles south of Denver
In fact, part of the appeal of these ZIPs is their affordable average home price of $272,000. And that’s well below the current national median price of $316,000.
Show Prep Source: https://www.realtor.com/research/hottest-zip-codes-q1-2019/