The National Association of Home Builder’s Eye on Housing reports prices paid for materials used in residential construction have increased almost one full percent in April.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Producer Price Index shows, softwood lumber prices declined 1.4%, and have fallen more than 12% over the last 12 months.
Moreover, the recent downward trend in prices paid for gypsum products reversed course in April. Even after the increase, prices paid for gypsum products have fallen since the start of 2019.
Diesel fuel prices also reversed course in April.
Show Prep Source: https://eyeonhousing.org/2019/05/prices-of-building-materials-edge-higher-in-april/
Most Recent Show Prep Articles:
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking
- New Buyers Feel They Can Afford More. Here’s Why.
- Good News for Homeowners; Home Prices Rocket in Third Quarter
- COVID-19 Has Impacted Home Purchasing Plans. This is How…
- Couple Rescued After Hurricane Blows Home off it’s Stilts