House flipping accounted for 7.2% of all home sales during the first quarter of 2019, according to ATOM Data Solutions’ 2019 Home Flipping Report.
In fact, the market share of house flipping in total home sales is the highest since the first quarter of 2010.
Kings County, California leads the list with almost 50% of homes being flipped. In this top zip code, real estate investors purchased homes for a median price of $72,500 and sold them within 12 months for a median price of $112,500. As a result, savvy homeowners are almost doubling their initial investment.
Following California is Queens County, New York.
The three remaining Top 5 home flipping areas in the first quarter were Miami-Dade County, Florida, Shelby County, Tennessee, around Memphis, and Orange County, California.
Recent Show Prep Articles:
- Question: Where Do I Start When Renovating a Historic Home?
- How to Choose the Right Contractor for Your Next Home Project
- Question: Wood Split on a new Load-Bearing Wall. What can I do?
- Question: My Contractor says “no” to a Self-Leveling Floor Base. Should I?
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking