House flipping accounted for 7.2% of all home sales during the first quarter of 2019, according to ATOM Data Solutions’ 2019 Home Flipping Report.
In fact, the market share of house flipping in total home sales is the highest since the first quarter of 2010.
Kings County, California leads the list with almost 50% of homes being flipped. In this top zip code, real estate investors purchased homes for a median price of $72,500 and sold them within 12 months for a median price of $112,500. As a result, savvy homeowners are almost doubling their initial investment.
Following California is Queens County, New York.
The three remaining Top 5 home flipping areas in the first quarter were Miami-Dade County, Florida, Shelby County, Tennessee, around Memphis, and Orange County, California.
Recent Show Prep Articles:
- Question: Which are the Best Insulation and Vapor Barrier Upgrades?
- Question: Can I Convert Copper To Pex without creating Electrolysis?
- Question: I Need to Bid out New Construction. How should I measure?
- Question: Replacing and Repairing Dry Rot Damaged Rim Joist
- Question: How easy is it to change building plans bought online?