World War II News included
A couple that recently bought a house near Grand Rapids, Michigan made a historical discovery while doing some renovations.
The Pool family found multiple newspapers from a local publication with deep roots dating back to the 1940s.
“We looked at them closer,” said Evan Pool, who recently moved into the home. “I was like, ‘Wow, this stuff is from the 40s, from World War II.'”
“My grandpa fought in World War II and being there was 4 or 5 different articles in here about World War II, it was pretty, pretty interesting,” said Pool.
There are also local ads for businesses as well as showing times for the Ionia Theatre.
Local news report :
The family now plans to somehow preserve the newspapers with some sort of topcoat.
“We decided to do that to kind of save it, and it’s just kind of cool to tell stories about. When people come in, they can look at it and see it for themselves,” said Pool.
Show Prep Source:
Recent Show Prep Articles
- In Hot Market, ‘Full House’ Home in San Francisco Sells for Less Than Asking
- New Buyers Feel They Can Afford More. Here’s Why.
- Good News for Homeowners; Home Prices Rocket in Third Quarter
- COVID-19 Has Impacted Home Purchasing Plans. This is How…
- Couple Rescued After Hurricane Blows Home off it’s Stilts