World War II News included
A couple that recently bought a house near Grand Rapids, Michigan made a historical discovery while doing some renovations.
The Pool family found multiple newspapers from a local publication with deep roots dating back to the 1940s.
“We looked at them closer,” said Evan Pool, who recently moved into the home. “I was like, ‘Wow, this stuff is from the 40s, from World War II.'”
“My grandpa fought in World War II and being there was 4 or 5 different articles in here about World War II, it was pretty, pretty interesting,” said Pool.
There are also local ads for businesses as well as showing times for the Ionia Theatre.
Local news report :
The family now plans to somehow preserve the newspapers with some sort of topcoat.
“We decided to do that to kind of save it, and it’s just kind of cool to tell stories about. When people come in, they can look at it and see it for themselves,” said Pool.
Show Prep Source:
Recent Show Prep Articles
- What Keyword Searches by State say about our Preferred Home Amenities
- Who’s to Blame for Ruining the Texas town of Waco?
- These Four U.S. Housing Markets are set for Explosive 10-year Growth
- The Biggest Challenges that Await Home Builders; Developers
- 202O Gives Home Builders a Strong Boost in Confidence